Red Tape Cutters

As your representative in Congress, one of my jobs is helping constituents deal with the federal government. My staff of Red Tape Cutters and I understand how challenging it can be to deal with the bureaucracy, and we want to help. Feel free to call, write, fax, or e-mail us about your concerns, and we’ll do our best to assist you.


A member of my Corpus Christi office staff, Luis (left) presenting a Congressional certificate at Fiat of Corpus Christi’s Ribbon Cutting ceremony.

We have two district offices to serve the 27th district of Texas:

Corpus Christi

If you need assistance and you live in or around Corpus Christi, please contact our caseworker by clicking here or call (361) 884-2222.


If you need assistance and you live in or around Victoria, please contact our caseworker by clicking here or call (361) 894-6446.


I am especially committed to serve those who have served us. You can contact a Red Tape Cutter using the links above, or read more about our veterans services by clicking here.


I know how frustrating it can be dealing with the federal government. Bureaucrats often have no incentive to get the job done in a timely fashion, things often slip between the cracks and procedures and policies can be confusing. Sometimes a call or letter from a Congressional office can speed things along towards a resolution. My staff of Red Tape Cutters in my Corpus Christi and Victoria offices serve as liaisons between constituents and the federal government. We offer assistance with any federal agency. The top issues my Red Tape Cutters work with include:

  • Department of Veterans Affairs
  • US Citizenship and Immigration Services
  • Social Security Administration
  • Passports
  • Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

In order to assist you with your casework, my office needs your permission to contact the appropriate federal agency. In accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, if you request assistance, you must complete and sign a privacy release form, which gives the agency permission to release information to my office. The privacy release form must be signed by the person directly affected, or, in the case of a United States Citizenship and Immigration Services issue, the person petitioning the agency. Once my office has received the privacy release form, we can begin to work on your case. Click here to access the privacy release form. Although I cannot force an agency to expedite your case or act in your favor, my staff and I can encourage an agency to give your case consideration and sometimes (within the law and in accordance with ethics rules) advocate for a favorable outcome. We look forward to assisting you with your federal issue. There is no cost or fee for these services.

Help with Federal Grants

Visiting Washington

Tour Requests

Service Academy Nominations


Please send all related correspondence (including the privacy release form) to either our Corpus Christi or Victoria Offices:

Corpus Christi

Attn: Nicole Beamer
101 N. Shoreline Blvd.
Suite 300
Corpus Christi, TX 78401
361-884-2222 (Phone)
361-884-2223 (Fax)


Attn: Vanessa Hicks-Callaway
5606 North Navarro Street
Suite 203
Victoria, Texas 77904
361-894-6446 (Phone)
361-894-6460 (Fax)

While we are ready to assist you with your federal issues, there are some matters that fall outside the jurisdiction of the United States House of Representatives. 

We are unable to intervene in county, city or state matters, food stamps (though federally funded they are administered by the states), child support, utility regulation, welfare, driver’s license issues and local zoning.
We will, however, be happy to refer you to your state Representative, state Senator, and county or city officials. Additionally, for matters involving state agencies, you may contact the Governor of Texas at:
P.O. Box 12428 Austin, Texas 78711 (512) 463-2000
You can also visit for more information on state agencies.
Finally, my staff and I are committed to always acting in accordance with all laws, ethical requirements and applicable rules. House rules prohibit us from assisting you in matters dealing with the judicial system, including criminal cases, lawsuits and civil litigation such as Child custody, Divorce, Criminal prosecution. The law and House rules also restrict us from being able to offer legal advice or provide attorney referrals. You can contact the State Bar of Texas at (512) 427-1463 for a listing of attorneys licensed to practice in the state. Though I am an attorney, I am not accepting or representing clients while in Congress. I am a full time Congressman. Nothing done through my Congressional office can nor shall create an attorney-client relationship.